The way we activate Blizzard games when purchased from Green Man Gaming has changed since October 2019. Blizzard games are now available via keyless redemption.
If you purchased a Blizzard game from Green Man Gaming before October 2019 and have a battle.net key, see here for previous activation instructions.
New keyless redemption for Blizzard games
To activate a Blizzard product purchased from Green Man Gaming after October 2019 for example, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you will first need to have a Battle.net account. You can register or log into your existing account here.
Redeeming a Blizzard game purchased from Green Man Gaming is now keyless and will be directly redeemed to your Battle.net account. Upon purchase, not including pre-purchase titles, you will be asked to login to your Battle.net account through an API which will grant you access to the game.
If you pre-purchased a Blizzard product, this option will be available when the game is released or available for preload. When the game is released by the publisher, you will receive an email from Green Man Gaming with instructions to redeem your key or you can go to your Green Man Gaming account / purchases section to redeem too.
Please note that this is a safe and secure process as your battle.net account will not be linked to your Green Man Gaming account, because you are only logged in on a per session basis. If you are already logged in to battle.net on your browser, you may not need to login via Green Man Gaming as you have an active session.
Keyless redemption instructions:
- You will be prompted to log into your Blizzard account, unless you are already logged in in your browser from a previous active session.
- You will be prompted to confirm redemption of the game and on which account it will be redeemed. If this is not the correct account, please use the logout button and login again with the correct account.
- Once redeemed, your game will appear in your Battle.net account.
In order to redeem a Blizzard title purchased from Green Man Gaming you will need to share the following information with Green Man Gaming:
- Your Blizzard Account ID and BattleTag
- Your Battle.net Account Identity
In order to remove this access you can visit your connections page on your Blizzard account settings and remove Green Man Gaming.
Previous Activation Instructions
- Visit www.battle.net/code to redeem your code
- Create or log into a Battle.net account
- Enter your Battle.net code and click redeem code
- A success message will be displayed to confirm the process is complete