DRM - Steam
What is Steam?
Steam is a video game digital distribution service platform developed by Valve Corporation. It was launched in September 2003 as a way for Valve to provide automatic updates for their games, but eventually expanded to include games from third-party publishers. Steam offers digital rights management (DRM), matchmaking servers, video streaming, and social networking services. It also provides the user with installation and automatic updating of games, and community features such as friends lists and groups, cloud saving, and in-game voice and chat functionality.
How can I spot a Steam game on Green Man Gaming
Our product pages indicate the DRM of all our games, Steam games will look like the logo below.
How do I activate a game on Steam?
- First of all, you'll need a Steam account, please visit this link to create a free account.
- Once you have an account, you can download the Steam client from here.
- Install the Steam client and login to your Steam account when prompted
- When Steam opens, in the bottom left hand corner of the client is a "+ Add a game..." button, click this.
- Select "Activate a product on Steam".
- Follow the product activation steps, Paste in the product activation key you received from GMG.
- After a few moments Steam will authenticate the code.
- Click finish and if you are on a supported platform, installation will be prompted.
- Follow the steps to Install your game.
Below is a quick clip of the above process
Technical issues with a Steam or a game?
Please contact Steam Customer Support for assistance with any technical matters.