More information on Play Anywhere codes can be found here
Note: Prepaid codes cannot be used or activated if your account has an outstanding balance or your payment option is expired or no longer valid. For more information, see How to pay a past due balance on an Xbox subscription.
In a browser
- go to Redeem code, and then select Sign In.
- Enter the 25-character prepaid code, and then select Redeem.
On the Xbox One
- Make sure you are signed into the Microsoft account for which you want to redeem the code.
- From the Home screen, scroll right to Store.
- Under Games, select Use a code.
- Use the onscreen keyboard to enter your 25-character code on the Enter your code screen, and then select Enter. Don’t worry about hyphens, the system takes care of those for you.
- Select Confirm.
Once your code is redeemed, you’ll receive a confirmation message.